As 2017 comes to a close, here’s a look at the top 10 popular titles checked out at Booth Library this year. We’ve included the call number in case you’d like to check out what your fellow Panthers have been reading!
Popular book titles
(We’ve listed the top 12 because some titles were tied).
- “Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis,” by J.D. Vance; HD 8073.V37 A3 2016.
- “Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association,” by American Psychological Association; BF 76.7 .P83 2010.
- “Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks,” by Rebecca Skloot; RC265.6.L24 S55 2011.
- “How to Win Friends and Influence People,” by Dale Carnegie; BF637.S8 C37 2009.
- “Slaughterhouse-five, or The Children’s Crusade: A Dirty Dance with Death,” by Kurt Vonnegut Jr.; PS3572.O5 S55 1994x.
- “Orientalism,” by Edward W. Said; DS12 .S24 2003bx.
- “Brave New World,” by Aldous Huxley; PR6015.U9 B65 2006x.
- “Unquiet Mind,” by Kay Redfield Jamison; RC516 .J363 1996x.
- “Magnolia Story,” by Chip and Joanna Gaines, with Mark Dagostino; Best Sellers TH4816 .G25 2016x.
- “Small Great Things: A Novel,” by Jodi Picoult; Best Sellers PS3566.I372 S63 2016.
- “Big Little Lies,” by Liane Moriarty; Best Sellers PR9619.4.M67 B54 2014b.
- “Beyond Talent: Creating a Successful Career in Music,” by Angela Myles Beeching; ML3795 .B42 2010.
Ballenger Teachers Center Top 10
Here’s a look at the most checked-out items from the library’s Ballenger Teachers Center!
- “Very Hungry Caterpillar,” by Eric Carle; 800 C192vh 1987.
- “Rainbow Fish,” by Marcus Pfister; translated by J. Alison James; 800 P45ra.
- “National Geographic Theme Sets: Floods”; Guided Readers LB1576 .N37 2005x.
- “National Geographic Theme Sets: Droughts”; Guided Readers LB1576 .N37 2005x.
- “National Geographic Theme Sets: Tornadoes”; Guided Readers LB1576 .N37 2005x.
- “Cat in the Hat,” by Dr. Seuss; 800 G277c 1985.
- “Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus,” words and pictures by Mo Willems; 800 W667don.
- “Waiting is Not Easy!” by Mo Willems; 800 W667wai.
- “Green Eggs and Ham,” by Dr. Seuss; 800 G277g 1988.
- “Pete the Cat and the Bedtime Blues,” by Kimberly and James Dean; 800 D3452pb
The most circulated items from Booth’s graphic novels collection (there were a lot of ties, so it’s an expanded list of popular titles):
- “Essential X-Men, Volume 1,” featuring Chris Claremont and John Byrne; PN6728.X2 E87 2000x.
- “Walking Dead,” by Robert Kirkman, Tony Moore and Cliff Rathburn; PN6727.K574 W34 2004x.
- “Weird World of Eerie Publications: Comic Gore that Warped Millions of Young Minds!” by Mike Howlett; PN6725 .H69 2010x.
- “Octavia E. Butler’s Kindred,” a graphic novel adaptation by Damian Duffy and John Jennings; PN6727.D836 O28 2017x.
- “Wonder Woman Archives, Volume 1,” by William Moulton Marston and H.G. Peter; PN6728.W6 M38 1998.
- “Macbeth: The Graphic Novel,” by John McDonald and Jon Haward; PN6737.M43 M33 2008x.
- “Four Color Fear: Forgotten Horror Comics of the 1950s,” edited by Greg Sadowski; PN6726 .F68 2010x.
- “Mary Astor’s Purple Diary: The Great American Sex Scandal of 1936,” by Edward Sorel; PN2287.A8 S67 2016.
- “Wonder Woman Archives, Volume 3,” by William Moulton Marston and H.G. Peter; PN6728.W6 M38 1998.
- “Persepolis,” by Marjane Satrapi; PN6747.S245 P4713 2003.
- “Valve Presents Volume 1, The Sacrifice and Other Steam-powered Stories,” editor, Rachel Edidin; PN6726 .V35 2011x.
- “Mooncop,” by Tom Gauld; PN6737.G38 M66 2016x.
- “Ultimate Spider-Man, Volume 1,” by Brian Michael Bendis and Mark Bagley; PN6728.S65 U47 2002x.
- “Batman: The Killing Joke,” by Alan Moore, Brian Bolland and Richard Starkings; PN6728.B36 M66 2008x.
- “March: Book One,” by John Lewis, Andrew Aydin and Nate Powell; E840.8.L43 A3 2013.
- “Something New: Tales from a Makeshift Bride,” by Lucy Knisley; PN6727.K645 S66 2016x.
- “Richard Matheson’s ‘I Am Legend,’” adapted by Steve Niles and Elman Brown; PN6727.M37 I2 2003x.
- “World of Edena,” by Jean “Moebius” Giraud et al; PN6747.G5 M6613 2016x.
- “Batman, Volume Two: Hush,” by Jeph Loeb, Jim Lee, Scott Williams, Richard Starkings, et al; PN6728.B37 H87 2003x.
- “Black Tide: Awakening of the Key, Volume 1,” by Debbie Bishop; PN6728.B42 A92 2004x.
- “ElfQuest Archives, Volume 1” by Wendy and Richard Pini; PN6728.E45 P5635 2003.