Booth Library | Literature/Drama |
Literature/Drama Electronic Reference Resources
- Gale Artemis Literary Sources
Topics: Literary Criticism for Authors and their Works | Cross-searchable with Children's Literature Review - Contemporary Authors - Dictionary of Literary Biography - Literature Criticism Online - Something About the Author | Great Sources of Information about the Lives of Authors and their Works
- Literature and Politics Today
This encyclopedia explores the relationship between literature and politics through entries on authors, historical figures, major literary and political works, national literatures, and literary movements. It covers specific themes, concepts, and genres related to literature and politics from the 20th century to the present.
- Early English Books Online (EEBO)
Fulltext | Digitized facsimile reproductions of Virtually Every Work Printed in England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and British North America | 1473-1700
- Early English Books Online (EEBO) Text Creation Partnership Open Access
Public domain downloadable text files of 25,000+ titles from EEBO. This is the public release of phase I of the EEBO TCP
- Middle English Dictionary Open Access
Comprehensive Lexicon | 1100-1500
- Oxford Dictionary of National Biography
Full-Text Articles | Biographies | British History | Irish History | Earliest Times to Year 2000
- Oxford English Dictionary
English Words | Meaning | History | Pronunciation | Quotations
- Salem Literature Online
Critical Survey of Long Fiction, 4th edition | Critical Survey of Graphic Novels | Critical Survey of Shakespeare's Sonnets | Magill`s Literary Annual | Selected Titles from the Critical Insights Series
- Slave Narrative
Recent critical work on the literary genre known as the slave narrative.
Interdisciplinary and Related
- A Vision Of Britain Through Time Open Access
Historical surveys | How the country and its localities have changed
- AWP Official Guide to Writing Programs Open Access
Creative writing programs | Descriptions
- Bulfinch's Mythology Open Access
Thomas Bulfinch's ageless volumes on Western mythology and fables of the ages.
- CompPile Open Access
Bibliography | Post-secondary composition & rhetoric
- Contemporary Postcolonial & Postimperial Literature in English Open Access
Still underconstruction, this site offers backgraound and biographical information on postcolonial authors.
- Eighteenth-Century Resources Open Access
Links to significant and reliable Internet resources that focus on the (very long) eighteenth century. Last updated 2006.
- English Short-Title Catalog Open Access
The English Short-Title Catalog (ESTC) is designed to include a bibliographic record, with holdings, of every surviving copy of books, pamphlets and other ephemeral materials produced in Great Britain or any of its dependencies, in any language, worldwide, from 1473-1800.
- European Association for Digital Humanities Open Access
Digital humanities methods & technology | European focus
- Feminist Science Fiction, Fantasy & Utopia Open Access
Bibliographies related to feminist science fiction and fantasy literature; reading lists, author biographies, etc.
- Glossary of Literary Theory Open Access
Definitions of terms related to literary theory.
- NINES (Networked Infrastructure for Nineteenth-Century Electronic Scholarship) Open Access
A scholarly organization devoted to forging links between the material archive of the nineteenth century and the digital research environment of the twenty-first.
- Nineteenth Century in association with the British Library Open Access
Search an online catalogue of over 28,000 nineteenth-century works available on microfiche. It allows you to search the largest and most important collection of nineteenth-century works for research and teaching.
- NYPL Digital Gallery Open Access
NYPL Digital Gallery provides access to over 275,000 images digitized from primary sources and printed rarities in the collections of The New York Public Library, including illuminated manuscripts, historical maps, vintage posters, rare prints and photographs, illustrated books, printed ephemera, and more.
- PEN American Center Open Access
Association of writers working to advance literature, defend free expression, and foster international literary fellowship.
- Poetry Society of America Open Access
Founded in 1910, the Poetry Society of America promotes the reading and writing of Poetry.
- Poetry Tool Open Access
Poems arranged by category, occasion, etc.
- Romantic Circles Open Access
Romantic-period literature and culture
- Victorian Web Open Access
Encyclopedic resource for all things Victorian.
- Voice of the Shuttle Open Access
- Word Spy Open Access
Website devoted to recently coined words and phrases, old words that are being used in new ways, and existing words that have enjoyed a recent renaissance.