Booth Library | Pre-1950 Full Text |
Pre-1950 Full Text Ebook Resources
- Black Thought and Culture
Non-Fiction Writings by Notable African Americans | Includes Previously Unpublished and Fugitive Materials | Date Range from 1700-2006
- Early English Books Online (EEBO)
Fulltext | Digitized facsimile reproductions of Virtually Every Work Printed in England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and British North America | 1473-1700
- Early English Books Online (EEBO) Text Creation Partnership Open Access
Public domain downloadable text files of 25,000+ titles from EEBO. This is the public release of phase I of the EEBO TCP
- Making of America (University of Michigan) Open Access
Fulltext Books | Primary Sources | Education | Religion | History | Sociology | Technology | Science | Roughly 1800-1925
Interdisciplinary and Related
- Digital Public Library of America Open Access
Digitized Books | Images | Historic Records | Audio & Visual Materials
- HathiTrust Open Access
1.2 million 19th and 20th century books in the public domain digitized from libraries around the world and covering all subjects. Search the Hathi Trust interface or find and access titles directly through the EIU library catalog.
- Project Gutenberg Open Access
Access to electronic texts of hundreds of literary works in the public domain. Also provides access to reference works such as dictionaries, almanacs, etc. Please note: this site provides the entire book as a single text file.
- TEAMS Middle English Texts Open Access
Texts which occupy an important place in the literary and cultural canon
- Victorian Women Writers Project Open Access
Highly accurate transcriptions of works by British women writers of the 19th century.
- Women Romantic-Era Writers Open Access
Works of lesser-known Romantic women writers.