Booth Library | Literature/Drama |
Literature/Drama Ebook Resources
- Early English Books Online (EEBO)
Fulltext | Digitized facsimile reproductions of Virtually Every Work Printed in England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and British North America | 1473-1700
- Early English Books Online (EEBO) Text Creation Partnership Open Access
Public domain downloadable text files of 25,000+ titles from EEBO. This is the public release of phase I of the EEBO TCP
- Oxford English Dictionary
English Words | Meaning | History | Pronunciation | Quotations
Interdisciplinary and Related
- Academy of American Poets Open Access
American poets | Appreciation of contemporary poetry
- African American Women Writers of the 19th Century Open Access
Digitized 19th-century African American Women's literature
- Australian Digital Collections Open Access
Information about Australia & its literature. Formerly known as OzLit.
- British Women Romantic Poets, 1789-1832 Open Access
Poetry | British and Irish women | 1789-1832
- Carlyle Letters Online Open Access
Thomas & Jane Welsh Carlyle | 10,000 letters | Unique 19th perspectives
- Celebration of Women Writers Open Access
Women Writers | Bibliography | Digital Texts
- Contemporary American Poetry Archive Open Access
CAPA is an electronic archive designed to make out-of-print volumes of poetry available to readers, scholars, and researchers.
- Digital Public Library of America Open Access
Digitized Books | Images | Historic Records | Audio & Visual Materials
- Digitized Manuscripts from the British Library Open Access
Digitized Manuscripts and Archives | British Library
- Early Americas Digital Archive Open Access
Early American Fiction & Nonfiction | 1492 to about 1820
- Electronic Text Center (University of Virginia Library) Open Access
Digital Images | Humanities Texts | Twelve Languages
- English Server Open Access
Access to over 27,000 works in a wide range of disciplines.
- HathiTrust Open Access
1.2 million 19th and 20th century books in the public domain digitized from libraries around the world and covering all subjects. Search the Hathi Trust interface or find and access titles directly through the EIU library catalog.
- Invitation to World Literature Open Access
Read selections from each work and explore the historical and cultural context of each work through interactive maps and other features.
- Open Humanities Press Open Access
Open Access Ebooks | Humanities | Social Sciences
- PENNsound Open Access
More than 10,000 audio files of poets reading their work available for downloading to MP3 or iPod
- Project Gutenberg Open Access
Access to electronic texts of hundreds of literary works in the public domain. Also provides access to reference works such as dictionaries, almanacs, etc. Please note: this site provides the entire book as a single text file.
- Reading Women Writers and African Literature Open Access
English translations of works by African women writers writing in French. Parts of the site are in the original French.
- SpringerLink Includes Peer Reviewed Content
Full-text E-books and Chapters | Publication Dates from 2005-2017
Peer Reviewed Journals (Some Fulltext)
- TEAMS Middle English Texts Open Access
Texts which occupy an important place in the literary and cultural canon
- Victorian Women Writers Project Open Access
Highly accurate transcriptions of works by British women writers of the 19th century.
- Women Romantic-Era Writers Open Access
Works of lesser-known Romantic women writers.
- Wright American Fiction 1851-1875 Open Access
The Wright American Fiction online collection attempts to include every novel published in the United States from 1851 to 1875. There are currently 2,887 texts included (1,763 unedited, 1,124 fully edited and encoded) by 1,456 authors. Produced by the Committee on Institutional Cooperation (CIC).